Wednesday, July 27, 2011
How big is your God?
I spent most of last year doing an in-depth Bible study on Isaiah. I believe I learned more about the character of God during that nine months than I have at any other time during my walk with Christ. I'm still processing some of what I learned even though the study has been over since early May. One thing that I keep coming back to is simple:
God is BIG!
Consider that He spoke the universe into existence and holds the stars and planets in place with His hands.
He knows the weight of the mountains.
He held all of the water of the Earth in His hands.
Isaiah 40:12 Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand, and marked off the heavens by the span, and calculated the dust of the Earth by the measure, and weighed the mountains in a balance and the hills in a pair of scales.
The train of His robe fills the temple and He uses the Earth as His footstool.
Isaiah 6:1 In the year of King Uzziah's death, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple.
Isaiah 66:1 Thus says the Lord, "Heaven is my throne and the earth is My footstool. Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest?
2 For My hand made all these things, Thus all these things came into being," declares the Lord. "But to this one I will look, to him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word."
He created the stars and calls them by name.
Isaiah 40:26 Lift up your eyes on high and see who has created these stars, the One who leads forth their host by number. He calls them all by name; because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power not one of them is missing.
Yet, He loves me. He loves you too.
Jeremiah 31:3 The Lord appeared to him from afar, saying, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness.
1 John 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
It is sometimes incomprehensible that the God of the universe, the God who knows how much the Swiss Alps weigh, knows the name of the second star to the west of the North Star and could hold the water of the Black Sea in His hands, loves me. All of these incredibly vast things, were created by Him and yet, He knows me intimately.
Before I was born He knew who I was and who I would become.
Psalm 139:13-16 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb.
14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are You works, and my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
God sent His son Jesus, to assume the sin stained robe that I deserved and instead, wrapped His robe of righteousness around me so that I could be redeemed. He made me beautiful and He can make you beautiful too.
Isaiah 61:10 I will rejoice greatly in the Lord, My soul will exult in my God; For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
He loves me so much, that my name is inscribed on the palm of God's hand.
Yours is too.
Isaiah 49:16 Behold I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before Me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment