For the past several months I have been unable to shake an almost overwhelming sense of urgency that something big is happening at the periphery of my life. It's something I can sense but can't seem to pinpoint. I am compelled to believe that it will be pivotal when it comes to pass. It will be all-encompassing and will change the landscape of life as I know it right now. I sense that things are afoot, that God is moving, globally, nationally, state-wide, city-wide, church-wide, family-wide and personally. I am trying to be still and listen for His voice and I want to do His will. I need to be in the center of that will, not in front of it, beside it, behind it.
Psalm 119:11 says, "Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee." It's harder to make the decision to sin when our thoughts are consumed with the things that concern God. But, I can't help thinking that God is urging me to memorize the scriptures for another reason as well.
I want to be salt and light for the people that are in my life. I NEED to be salt and light for the people that are in my life. As a child of God, I am commanded to do this. Luke 14:34 says "Salt therefore is good: but if even the salt has lost its savor, wherewith shall it be seasoned?" If I don't fulfill this task that God has asked me to do, if I lose my "saltiness", then who will show the people in my circle of influence what God's love, forgiveness and grace is all about?
God is prodding me, preparing me, challenging me for the race that is ahead. I pray that I will run it with endurance and grace.
Hebrews 12:1 Therefore let us also, seeing we are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising shame, and hath sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:28 Wherefore, receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us have grace, whereby we may offer service well-pleasing to God with reverence and awe:
29 for our God is a consuming fire.
No comments:
Post a Comment