NASCAR
Indy cars
Fireworks
Hydroplane races
Funnel cakes, preferably with cherries and whip cream
John Deere tractors
Sweet corn
Tomatoes
Prime Rib
A GOOD steak, good means meeting HIS standard i.e. picky :)
Texas Roadhouse
Red Lobster
Mountain Jack's
The Peddler
Butter pecan ice cream
'58 pink Cadillac deVille
'57 Chevy Bel Air
Other vintage cars
Football
Anne Murray
Patsy Cline
Glazed donuts from Krispy Kreme
Hank Williams
Hank Williams Jr.
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Chevy trucks
Gatlinburg, TN
Haines City, Fl
Kentucky Horse Park
Walt Disney World
Washington D.C.
Hershey, PA
Gettysburg
"I'll make it fit."
Squaring up the napkin
Real Christmas trees
Carmel corn
Candy corn with cashews
Carmel apples
Grandkids
Side splitting laughter
Telling jokes
Teasing
Grillin' dinner
Power tools
Home improvement projects
7553 Co. Rd. 4
Val
Mel
Me
As long as these things exist in some form or another, we still have part of you with us. It's not the same. But it's the new normal I guess.
Thanks for the laughs Dad. And the support and encouragement and the love. And thanks for "squaring up the napkin" on us a few times when you needed to say something difficult that we needed to hear.
Not perfect, just you. Just trying to be the best you could be.
I miss you more than words can say.
Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart do not know how to laugh either." Golda Meir
I know I'll laugh again someday, but right now I'm just crying and trying to get my bearings in a world that doesn't seem quite right anymore.
Thanks for showing me how to be strong Dad. I've needed it in the past and I know I'm going to need it to get through your absence.
Love,
T

No comments:
Post a Comment